All donations are tax deductible and used to directly support our clients. Clicking the button below will direct you to our donation website through Click and Pledge. Thank you to all of our donors!
Donate by Shopping at Amazon Smile
You can also donate while you shop! When you shop through Amazon Smile, SARA will receive a portion of all eligible purchases. Simply set up your account to benefit SARA by clicking on the image below. Be sure to shop through smile.amazon.com!
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select “Sexual Assault Response and Awareness, Inc.” to support.
As survivors of sexual violence process their experience, memories and details of their assault may come to them at random. Having a place to write these details down can be beneficial. Example of notebooks
Writing down thoughts and feelings can be helpful for anyone. For sexual violence survivors, writing is often part of the therapeutic process. By providing a journal to our clients, we can help them take a step towards moving through the trauma they have experienced.
When someone goes to the hospital for a PERK (physical evidence recovery kit) they may have to leave behind many personal items for evidence. Luckily, the Emergency Department at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital provides clothing for clients. Unfortunately, these kits do not include sports bras. We will accept new, clean sports bras in all sizes to give directly to the Forensic Nursing staff at RMH.
Volunteer Companion Bag Activities
When we are called to support a survivor at the emergency department, police station, or court, our Volunteer Companions respond 24-hours a day. It can be helpful to have activities in our bags to help ease stress, pass time, and even distract the anxious minds of our clients. Some ideas for these activities include:
- Coloring Books (for ages 13+)
- Sudoku, Crosswords, Word Search Books
- Stress Balls
- Colored Pencils